Friday, June 4, 2010

Creative Writing

It's been three years since I have graduated from high school. After three years of working at the local grocery store and having enough money to travel, I decide to experience travelling. My ultimate plan is to travel to a third world country such as India. As I arrive in New Delhi, India I see thousands of people running around doing their daily errands. Never in my life have I been able to experience such an intense setting. There are people everywhere running in and out of the buses, going to the nearby temple and even washing clothes outside of their houses. The colorful outfits of many women catch my eye. I see every color in every shade from red, orange and yellow to green, blue and purple. On their wrists I see shiny bangles once again with an assortment of colors and shapes. There is an old man playing the drums while younger children are clapping. The setting makes me realize that even though some people are poor they are rich with love. As I walk further into the villages, I see children who are walking alone. I begin to assume they are orphans. As I thought to myself, everyone in the village treats these children like family. Even though the children are without their parents at such a young age they are fearless. India is a third world country but the people are very accepting and their love amongst everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment